The Marquis of Granby Lodge No.124 meets in Durham Masonic Hall, Old Elvet which is close to the centre of Durham City.
Our lodge has met in this Masonic Hall since the Marquis of Granby brethren built the hall in 1869. The foundation stone having been laid on 22nd December 1868. (see below)
From at least 1738 until 1869 our lodge met in several meeting places, all of them were in Durham City.
Durham Masonic Hall is used by many public groups as well as 13 'craft' Lodges and some 15 'allied degrees'.
Durham Masonic Hall is also licensed for civil weddings and partnership ceremonies, it is often chosen for the hosting of naming ceremonies, meetings and private dining.